You may be considering switching your financial data to Xero, however, are you concerned about the safety of your data? The truth is, your data is safer stored on Xero in the cloud than it is on your hard drive.
Xero take your data extremely seriously and protecting it is fundamental to everything they do:-
- Xero have invested in industry-leading infrastructure and constantly strive to ensure your data is always secure.
- Their servers are located within enterprise-grade hosting facilities. Access is restricted to authorised staff through a combination of biometric systems and 24/7 onsite security guards.
- All data is encrypted on their servers and throughout their infrastructure. All data that goes between your browser and Xero is encrypted using industry-standard SSL to help protect your user ID, password and financial data.
- Two-step authentication provides an additional layer of security for your Xero account in case your password is stolen via phishing or malware attacks. As well as using your Xero password log in, you will also need to enter a code generated by an authenticator app installed on your smartphone.
- Security is regularly reviewed and audited by external specialists. This gives independent confirmation that the way they build software is secure.
- With Xero, your accounting data is not stored on your computer. If your PC, laptop or tablet gets lost or stolen, you don’t lose your data – it’s safely and securely stored online and backed up in several locations.
- External access to servers is controlled by multiple layers of firewalls, intrusion protection systems and routers. These are configured, monitored and updated according to industry best practice.
- Xero operate with spare hardware, networks, data centres and infrastructure so that, if any component fails, Xero keeps on running – with little or no disruption to your service – so you can keep on working.
- Your data is private and Xero do not allow any other user to access it unless you explicitly share it with them, using Xero to invite them into your organisation.
For further help and advice, please contact our Certified Xero Accountant, Lee Sugden, on 0161 761 5231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.